Who are we?
This website is run by HarperCollins Publishers Limited (“HarperCollins“, “we”, “us” and “our”) a company registered in Scotland under company number 27389 and whose registered offices are located at Westerhill Road, Bishopsbriggs, Glasgow, G64 2QT. HarperCollins is registered on the Information Commissioner’s Data Protection Register under registration number Z4895037.
You may contact us via email at email@example.com
How do we collect information from you and how do we use it?
We collect your information in different ways.
Some information we collect when you give it to us, for example when you give it to us by:
- Signing-up to a newsletter or email;
- Entering a competition or a promotion;
- Ordering book or other products or services from us;
- Registering on one of our websites; or
On other occasions it may have been supplied to us by one of our authors, partners or sister companies with your consent.
We also may collect information automatically using “cookies” (for more information about cookies and how we use them see below).
We use the information we have about you in the following ways.
- To send you newsletters and information about books and authors you have subscribed to or which we think will interest you;
- To provide you with information on products or services we think might interest you based on your preferences;
- If you are a member of any of our online communities to access them and use their various functions;
- To participate on any of our forum, notice boards or other interactive content;
- To allow you to enter competitions and contact you about them;
- To process any orders for good or services you have purchased from us, and to contact you about them;
- To look at and respond to any messages, complaints or other queries you might send us; and
- To notify you about any changes to any of our websites, services or products.
Where you have given your consent we may pass your information on to carefully selected third parties to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
We may also approach you (ourselves or via a third party) to ask you questions to help us improve our websites and the goods and services we offer e.g. by asking you to participate in a survey about topical issues conducted by us or trusted partners or third parties. We will always let you know before you participate in any survey how any information you provide will be used.
In order to provide you with best experience we can we use “cookies” on some of our websites. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer, they collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information which allows us to follow how you are using our websites and customise our services to your needs: e.g. customise content and advertising to your tastes.
You can change the settings on your browser to not accept cookies, however some features of our website may not work or may not be accessible to you if do.
For more information about cookies visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
Amending your data
If you would like us to remove all of your information from our database or have any questions about privacy issues, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of information to other people
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may also share your data with third-parties who are providing us with services to help with our business operations and provide the websites to you.
Where a lawful request is made to us we also reserve the right to access and disclose your personal information to governments, law enforcement agencies or other parties whose request we reasonably consider to be justified to comply with any law.
This policy was last updated on 12 January 2012.